Client: Kassandra Leigh Purcell
/ Unseelie Allure Photography
Project Timeframe: November 2012Kassandra
put out a call for help to get a promo video put together for the Kickstarter project
she was creating. The aim of the project is to create a photographic series based in part on Kassandra's illustration work, and drawing on (pun intended) both her talents in photography and fashion and those of her equally talented local friends.
She had recorded some video of herself talking to camera and telling people about herself, what the project is and why they should support it. She supplied that to me along with a load of photos and drawings plus some title graphics and logos she had already created..
After editing down the video to remove a few false starts and brain-farts, I put together the various elements - picture gallery, background, titles, etc. - in Photoshop and imported them into Premiere Pro. We went through a couple of different options for the gallery presentation to reach a balance between display time for each gallery screen and overall running time.
The Kickstarter project
went live on 27th November 2012, and I'm pleased to say that it has already met its funding target.
From top to bottom :
- The title screen for the opening and closing of the video.
- Kassandra giving her all!
- Sample screen of photo images.
- Sample screen of illustrations. The gallery portions of the video alternate between photos and illustrations to show how Kassandra, with help from her friends plus a lot of work and ingenuity, have turned some of her ideas into reality.
- I eventually decided on a short page-turn transition for the gallery, as if leafing through a portfolio - this gave enough time for the pictures to register with the viewer.
If this has piqued your interest, you can check out the Kickstarter project page
- at the time of writing, there are still plenty of low-cost pledging options, plus a few slots for modelling photoshoots as well.
All drawings and photos plus video footage shown are © *KassandraLeigh
and used with permission. Please note, critique requested ONLY for my work - if you have an issue with Kassandra's work, take that up with her yourself.